Our 2003-04 Year

staff 2003-04

Board And Staff (L-R): Bev Klym, Administrative Assistant; Mary Hadfield, Receptionist; Bill Bodman, Secretary-Treasurer; Hugh Arklie, Executive Director; Milt McLean, Vice-President; Bob Filuk, President

The Thomas Sill Foundation was originally constituted to undertake the traditional work of a charitable foundationā€¹to make cash grants in support of philanthropic agencies. This has been our main work since 1987.

In the past year the Foundation made cash grants to 91 charities throughout Manitoba totaling over $992, 000. Approximately 44% of this amount was awarded for the benefit of rural and northern Manitobans. The remaining 56% was granted in Winnipeg. Grants averaged $9, 400 on an annualized basis and ranged from $267 to $150, 000. Each grant is described in this report.

Besides its cash granting program, the Foundation has supported the following projects over the years:

Community Foundations of Manitoba
Youth-in-Philanthropy, Manitoba
Gifts-in-Kind, Manitoba
Friends of Elmwood Cemetery
EPSOM Recycling
Prairie Churches Project
Prairie Icons Project

It has been a pleasure to be a part of the philanthropic sector in Manitoba and to share in the work of many fine agencies.

Enter Annual Report